CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 20, 2008

More spinning, finally!

I have finally been blessed with my very own spinning wheel! Once again, I have Lynne at Knitopia Wools Co. to thank, since she's been keeping me in mind since the workshop in March and she alerted me to a great deal on this used wheel. It was a bit of a challenge to get used to it at first, since it is an older wheel and it's much more aggressive than the wheels I've used so far. But, I think we're pretty well-acquainted now, and I'm starting to produce things like this...

This yarn was spun from the gorgeous roving hand-dyed by Kristin at All Spun Up on Etsy. It's made of 50% alpaca, 30% merino and 20% silk. It is very soft and smooth, and the colors are unbelievable! It's currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

This was the roving (sooo beautiful) in various states of progress...

Isn't Kristin's eye for color amazing? I would strongly suggest that any spinners out there check out her shop. Her hand-dyed roving is seriously addictive! She also carries a few handspun yarns, which are gorgeous as well! I purchased this sock wool from her a little while ago, and I will have pictures of the resulting socks up here eventually!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Yea for your wheel? Picture?
Maple

Anonymous said...

I was going to give you a hard time about telling us you got a new wheel and then not including a picture, but Maple beat me to it.

Your yarn looks gorgeous!

blackmustard said...

You guys are right! What was I thinking? It's such a cool wheel too, so much character! I'll try to put a picture up tonight.