CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

April 21, 2009

Kettle Dyeing #2!

I thought I'd share the results of my 2nd dyeing session! Both are SW Merino and I'm really liking these color combos! I'm still ending up with more white than I plan for, so that's going to be my focus the next time I dye.

SW Merino in blues, greens, yellow and orange

SW Merino in burgundy, green, orange and tan

More on the way, I'm sure! I'm really getting into dyeing and I can't wait to learn more about it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

Ariane said...

Where are you buying fiber? I would really like to trying dyeing my own fiber, and then learn how spin it...

Cherry Tart Design said...

I love the burgundy, green and orange! Simply gorgeous!

blackmustard said...

Thanks! Right now I'm just buying my fiber from my local yarn shop, so I'm paying retail. I'm going to look into places online to get some, so if I hear anything, I'll let you know!

Ariane said...

Wow it would be really nice of you! I live in Montreal and I think there's a shop who sells fiber... But first I must learn how to spin! I think I'll ask my boyfriend to make me a little spindle ;-) I'll let you know if I found any places online too!

Linda said...

They look great!

Unknown said...

You're really getting the hang of this dyeing. It looks absolutely gorgeous--especially the burgundy group. Good job!

Unknown said...

If you're looking to get less white in your roving (although I think it looks fantastic just the way it is!!) try dyeing some superfine merino or some BFL. You're on your way to greatness!